Certified Operational Risk Executive (CORE II)
This course follows on from CORE I; delegates must either have successfully completed CORE I or able to demonstrate at least 3 years of experience in Operational Risk Management before being able to register to attend.
The course is case study driven, supported by traditional lectures; this allows delegates to put into practice the theory presented to them and ensures the maximum delegate involvement.
- Corporate Risks – Strategic Risks
- Controls Embedded in various entities that assist in controlling Corporate Risks
- Risk Appetite Strategy
- Corporate Risk Appetite
- Entity Risk Appetite
- Financial and Non-Financial Risk Appetite levels
- Developing Appetite statement
- Emerging Risks and Composite Risks
- Event Capturing and modelling of incident data
- Link with Risk Prediction Techniques
- Link with appetite for risk
- Capital adequacy modelling under BASEL II
- Refine existing Risk Models
- Key Risk Indicators
- KRI Types
- KRI Linkage with risks
- KRIs Related to Corporate Risks
- Loss Prediction
- Impact Sizes linkage with Risk Appetite and Loss Prediction
All delegates will be subjected to case studies to interact and apply skills and knowledge learned into real life cases. The case studies are conducted using an Operational Risk software called CAREweb – Control And Risk Evaluation – and, whilst the techniques learned can be applied without the aid of software or using other software, CAREweb is the system used by the course providers.